Hello,

I'm wondering if some other people here have some wisdom about this case a few people have run into, apparently with no resolution.

Newer versions of DBD::Pg and PostgreSQL support a feature called "server side prepares", which is supposed to give a significant performance boost in some cases.

However, when deploying it on mod_perl on a busy website, I quickly saw a lot of this kind of error:

prepared statement "dbdpg_7" already exists

Other people have run into this as well:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/dbdpg-general/2005-December/001926.html

Any suggestions? I looked at the DBD::Pg code myself, but my C skills aren't up to digging into the XS code there.

I found a related mention of this issue here:
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4598&start=0&;

There the fix involved putting using DEALLOCATE when persistent
connections are detected. The actual patch they used in their
application was here:

http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=10611

Thanks!

    Mark