Lot's of replies, thanx.

On 1 Mar 2007 at 10:50, Foo JH wrote:
> To be really sure, turn on the server signature and see what your telnet
> trick gives you.
>
> amend in your http.conf:
> ServerSignature on

ServerSignature is already on:

httpd.conf:ServerSignature On

Can we draw any conclusions from this?

> Beginner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am a bit confused.
> >
> > If I do:
> > telnet localhost 80
> >
> > I get:
> > HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> > Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:53:29 GMT
> > Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora)              <- Note no mod_perl here
> > Accept-Ranges: bytes

I have a number of handler configured like so:

<Location /calendar>
        SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler MY::calendar
          Order...
</Location>

These work fine and use the following pragmas;

package MY::calendar;

use Apache2::Const qw(OK DECLINED NOT_FOUND);
use APR::Table;
use Apache2::RequestUtil ();
use strict;
use Calendar::Simple;
use Date::Calc qw(Month_to_Text);
use CGI;
use Template;
use warnings;

$| = 1;

sub handler {

The issue with SOAP::Lite is interesting. During the install you get
a list of transports;

Standalone HTTP server   [*] HTTP::Daemon   [ yes ]
Apache/mod_perl server   [ ] Apache              [ no ]
FastCGI server                [ ] FCGI                  [ no ]
POP3 server                   [ ] MIME::Parser      [ no ]

I'm not sure if the formating will show it here but SOAP::Lite
doesn't see mod_perl installed. However is does install as does
SOAP::Apache so presumbly I can use in the same way I do with my
other modules.

Still I have the feeling that my installation is not standard and the
mis-match in version is a concern.

Would any one recommend a course of action? Should I remove the
binary RPMs that my package manager installed and install from
source?

Thanx,
Dp.