Hi all,

I have a custom handler which is supposed to do some stuff with the request, and run it through the Mason parser. The trouble is that ever once in a while -- rarely -- the request object comes to my handler method corrupted. The error I usually get is that dir_config method is not defined for $r:

Can't locate object method "dir_config" via package "Ask::Mason::Secure" at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 895.

        I tracked it down, and it is the $r problem.

I suspect this is a Perl issue, as I have noticed that generally, funny things seem to occasionally happen with the symbol table (i.e. methods getting forgotten ever once in a while) in the perl code. So, I was wondering if there is any way to reconstitute the object, to get a new $r variable within the handler -- to re-create the Apache2::RequestRec object really.

        Can anyone help out with an idea?