Tyler Bird wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I have a system I converted from cgi to mod_perl.
>
> We recently upgraded to mod_perl 2.0 and apache 2.2 on RHL5
>
> I am having a problem.  When I refresh a certain page 5 times or about (
> it's completely random )
>
> The page renders fine, but in my logs I see that an apache child died
> because of a segmentation fault I believe
> here is the error or I guess notice message.
>
> [notice] child pid 25946 exit signal Segmentation fault (11) # ? do I
> have to worry about this notice ? what we are building will be a live
> system.

The best way to get an understanding of what's happening is to get a backtrace
from a core dump.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/debug/c.html#Getting_the_core_File_Dumped

Will tell you a lot about how to get to a usefull backtrace.

Once you  get something ouy of your crash, send it to this list and there
might be a solution to your problem.