William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
Alvar Freude wrote:
Hi,

-- Jens Helweg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way to get the compilers output from perl, so I can get
details on what is wrong in the code ?
usually you get the errors in the apache's error log. I don't know where
it is stored on Windows, you may look in your httpd.conf.

Starts out recorded in the Application Event Log as 'Apache' events, until
we have an error log open and usable.

Starting bin\httpd.exe from the command line is sometimes more educational
than launching the Apache service.  At least errors have a console to land
in and inform you what's going on.

Starting httpd.exe from command line results in the same scenario. I only get one line in apache's error.log file (Can't load...) The command line doesn't say anything. It's getting right back to the prompt as apache is terminating right away. The windows event log doesn't tell me anything relevant neither (except of the message that it could not start the apache service).

I'll try to let it run on the command line (at least with the check option) as John suggested. If that doesn't work I'll switch to linux...

Thanks anyways for the help.
Jens