To: <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:09 PM
Subject: Where is Perl compilation output when using modperl ?

Hi erveryone,

I am using modperl2 with apache2 on win32 (activestate Perl 5.8). I have my own perl module included in the apache conf.

Whenever I have an error in my module apache does not start and the only error message I can find is in apache's error.log:

Can't load Perl file: D:/path_to_my_perl_module for server myserver, exiting...

It doesn't say anything about what is wrong in the code.

Is there a way to get the compilers output from perl, so I can get details on what is wrong in the code ?

(when I run perl -c mymodule.pm on command line it complains about missing modules - so that doesn't seem to be an option when using modperl.)

Thanks in advance,
Jens