On 14 Nov 2007, at 15:07, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
If my analysis is correct I would like to know:
1. How to properly wait for the children and
2. How to get the results back to the main process
  Is there some common storage in apache/mod_perl where the children
  can write and the parent can read the results when the children are
  finished? Can I use pnotes for this?

I've never tried it under MP or MP2 but Parallel::Iterator[1] is designed to make this kind of thing easy. It hides the details of forking, waiting and getting results back.

I'd be interested to know if you find it useful. And if you give it a go and hit problems let me know - if nothing else I should be able to improve the doc / examples as a result :)

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~andya/Parallel-Iterator/

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten