On 15.11.2007 13:06 Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2007, at 08:35, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
>> Thanks, it really works (more tests to come but it looks good so far)!
>> I had only some easy to fix problems:
>> 1. in line 434 of Iterator.pm I had to replace 'exit' with 'CORE::exit'
>
> Ah. I assume that's a mod_perl thing?

Yes.
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html#Forking_a_New_Process

gives an explanation:
> you must use CORE::exit() and not exit(), which would be automatically
> overridden by Apache::exit() if used in conjunction with
> Apache::Registry and similar modules.

It should be safe to replace exit with CORE::exit even for non-mod_perl
uses, so it would be nice to have this in the official version of the
module. Then it is easy to move the application to a new machine where
all modules are installed from CPAN.

-Michael