So, we're using Flex now for a couple neat tools that started as an (real
simple) experiment with some feeds we produce.  I'm sure a lot of other
front end developers are too and just don't realize that they are connecting
to modperl backends. Subtle details aside, Flex is cool at this point for
limited stuff (think admin and site builder/configuration tools, etc.).
Especially with the ubiquity of the flash RTE and the buzz around AIR.  But
we also use Ajax quite a bit and like that too.

For those that have not updated their buzzword file lately: Flex is a client
application building platform that connects easily to services - The Flex
sdk, etc., (yes, from Adobe) have recently been open-sourced (ala Mozilla).
At first glance, Flex appears to be just Flash (using .swf files and the
flash RTE) but it does not require the backwards animation-style
dev-metaphor of flash - It's basically a very different game all together
and there is a lot of documentation out there about what makes it different.
(Google: "Flex verses Flash")

At this point, in no way will Flex applications substitute core web/browser
stuff for us (or even some browser stuff that work very well and simply with
ajax), but it does make a lot of sense in certain key places where a browser
is still quite kludgey.  Frankly, it's also nice for recruiting right now
(Perrin: Looking for a new job?  LOL.)

In any case, it would be nice to see more traction using modperl+Flex.
While it makes a lot of sense from where I sit - it's true: Google provides
virtual no pages that share those key words - a sad and curious surprise
especially considering the fact the O'Reilly Flex book has actually reached
the popularity of the Perl DBI book (according to the O'Reilly amazon rep).
Perhaps a page on the Flex.org site would do a LOT of good for this
community which is certainly much larger than the Perl Marketing department
indicates ; ).

Any other reference sites or tools?