On Dec 3, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Boysenberry Payne wrote:

Our system could benefit a lot from being able to compile SWFs on the fly; right now they're all static files loaded dynamically. I could see making them dynamically as needed, while still serving
up the static renditions.

We do some dynamic SWF generation via mod_perl; there are some actionscript bytecode compilers under perl
There's also a decent Python and Erlang library out there too.

For anything dynamic, its pretty simple- you can merge swfs, do simple actions / var publishers as wrappers which load desgined flash files, etc.

not very hard!