On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, J. Peng wrote:

>  > modperl is fast, but it consumes too much memory.
>  > so we choose fastcgi written by C++.
>
>  actually it consumes less memory than FastCGI if you do it right. If you
>  load as many modules and data structures as you can at startup time,
>  Apache will share the memory between the processes (as long as you don't
>  change the data).

Apache with prefork mode can share the memory? Sorry I didn't know it.
Sharing memory between multi-processes need extra programming, I don't
know apache has done it already.

well, it's not "shared memory", it's just the simple forking model which
doesn't copy memory, for example module code or big configuration data.
only if you change some of the data the process copies the memory page.

--
http://darkdance.net/
http://perlpunks.de/