On Apr 23, 2008, at 11:09, Geoffrey Young wrote:

cleanup handlers are just callbacks run when a memory pool goes out of scope.

Oh. And here I thought that they ran when the request completed.

your test suggests that the memory pool allocated for the request is going out of scope before the response handler runs, which is odd indeed :)

Any idea how that can happen? Or what that weird /101/ "subrequest" is about?

I'd try these things:

 o use a PerlLogHandler instead of a PerlCleanupHandler

But that runs before the request is returned to the user, right?

 o push your cleanup from an earlier phase instead of httpd.conf

o call $r->cleanup_register from an earlier phase instead of pushing a handler

Thanks, I'll give those a try, just as soon as I finish building a debugging perl + mod_perl + Apache system to debug another issue on the developers list. :-)

Thanks,

David