--- Tracy12 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> Can you pls clariy what is meant by the following,
>

> >>The original poster should be using apreq
> >>(APR::Request::Apache2 or Apache2::Request)
> >>for this, not some other perl module that doesn't
> >>exploit the filter api.
>
> Does this mean the final target application which
> consumes POST data should
> use Apache2::Request

You could, but it's not necessary.

> or the Auth handler should
> should do "SOMETHING " to
> preserve data using Apache2::Request.

Use Apache2::Request in the auth handler, and apreq
will do the SOMETHING you need automatically.

> At the moment
> I am not doing any
> specific request handling.
>
> at the moment I have sample CGI script writen in
> perl  which get the request
> parameter. as follows,
> Are you saying that I should use Apache2::Request in
> the following instead
> of use CGI qw(:standard) , pls clarify
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use warnings;
> use strict;
> use CGI qw(:standard);
>
> my $username = param('code') || "unknown";
> printf "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
> printf "<P>Hello, World. $username";
>
> for more information I will state the top part of my
> Auth Handler. As you
> can see I am using Apache2::compat as I got old api
> calls as well.
>
> package AuthCAS;
>
> use strict;
> use vars qw( $VERSION);
> $VERSION = '1.1';
> my @ISA = qw(Exporter);
> my @EXPORT = qw($errors);
> my $errors;
>
> use Carp;
> use Apache2::compat;
> use CGI;
> use CGI::Session;
> use CGI::Cookie;

If you can drop the CGI:: modules and use
Apache2::Request and Apache2::Cookie instead,
it'll just work.  By default, using apreq in
an auth handler will preserve the POST data
within the input filter chain for your
content handler to use as it sees fit.  You
don't necessarily need to use apreq in your
content handler for things to work right.
For all apreq cares, your content handler
could be a cgi script written in python.