I removed the mp1 codes,

Also used Apache2 cookie,  but still the post data is not there but still I
am using CGI session.
Should I use some other session handling...

How can I make sure that my $r is a Apache2 request.

Do I have to do as follows and use $req for all the references e.g setting
remote user variables etc
 my $req = Apache2::Request->new($r, POST_MAX => "1M");

waiting for a quick reply. pls advice

I have the following use statements and not refering to any mp1 code

use CGI;
use CGI::Session;

use Apache2::ServerUtil;
use Apache2::Request;