Thanks for the reply,

instead of rewriting the CGI used locations isn't there a way to get the
functionality.

I am making use of $r primary for some session handling only. I am not doing
any read or manipulation with the POSTed data.

Do you think that CGI removal is a must?

Without much rework can't get the Apache2::Request to work. At this stage I
prefer less code change as every other fuctionality is working.

Would  just a initialization of following work,

my $req = Apache2::Request->new($r);

Thanks