Hi John,

Unfortunately, I'm still muddy with modperl to help you even though I'm on Debian Etch. I have it working and can tell you what I have installed...but I can't help you with modperl specifics as I'll probably end up teaching the wrong thing.

To answer Adam's question:

Adam Prime wrote:
John M. Dlugosz wrote:
I'm trying to use mod_perl on Debian Etch. I was looking at "practical mod_perl" book, but it appears that much has changed in mod_perl 2.0 so the second example doesn't work at all.

I personally normally install mp and libapreq from source, so i'm not familiar with how one would install/configure them using debian.

aptitude install libapreq2

as root (or sudo).  Or just install everything related if you are not sure:

aptitude install libapache2-mod-apreq2 libapreq2 libapreq2-dev libapreq2-doc

(I have all of them installed.)

Of course, apt-get works too, if you prefer that. I don't remember doing more configuration. There's a symlink from /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/apreq.load to /etc/apache2/mods-available/apreq.load

Sorry, can't think of anything else tricky that I did. I hope this is enough.

Ray