Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:46 AM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- A surprising number of people are running mod_perl under the worker
MPM.
What is so surprising about this ? (genuine curious question)

Because of the way perl threads use memory, you end up using less a
lot less memory with prefork than with threads on Linux/BSD.  This has
been discussed on the mailing list many times.  The only platform
where I expect to see people use threads is Windows, since they have
no choice there.

- Perrin

Maybe this is the time to ask.
I am using Linux Debian, and getting Apache 2, perl and mod_perl 2 from there (apt-get). I have never been quite sure which mpm the packager decided to configure, as the apache2.conf contains parameters for prefork, pthread and perchild. So,
a) which is the best way to find out ?
b) if it happened to be "worker" or something, could I just change that to "prefork", or is there more to it ?

(Also so far, even if it is using a threaded mpm, it does not seem to have any deleterious effect on my systems, which are pretty stable).

Thanks