On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Steven Siebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> More memory but potentially faster, correct?  Since we don't have to
> spawn as many processes to accommodate a load?

No, there's no speed advantage to threads.  In fact perl is measurably
faster if you compile it with no thread support.

> Memory is fairly cheap and, with my
> web servers (without DB's on it - just web servers) with 32 gigs of
> RAM.....speed is more important.

Memory isn't cheap enough to ignore.  It limits the number of backends
you can run and the amount of caching you can do.  Being careful with
memory will get a lot more scalability out of your hardware.

- Perrin