I'm curious... what is the hardware like on the one server?  How many CPUs
and RAM?

Also, a few thoughts...

- You do a 301 from algebra.com to www.algebra.com.  That doesn't take much
work from the server, but why not just serve up everything from the original
location?

- The algebra problem I just tried returned twelve separate images.  What
if, instead of serving gifs you displayed each stage of transformation of
the equation using HTML and CSS?  That would be rather tricky with things
like root signs but I think it could be done - though a bit of work.

I wish this site had been around when I was in high school.