On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Scott Gifford <sgiff...@suspectclass.com>

> This is a very interesting idea, it might be possible to implement it
> with a custom Apache module, or maybe even with mod_perl if you found
> the right hooks.
>
> ----Scott.

so we're talking about a mod_perl app that opens a file system socket
in its initialization phase and listens on it with <select> and when
there is something there, presents that something, possibly by
redirecting to a different page that does the presentation, otherwise
after timing out presents another meta-redirect back to the same page.

We might want these sockets to pool, but that would be an optimization
that can be deferred until it works right.

Do AJAX clients handle redirects correctly? if not that's okay, just
send a NOTHINGYET token and let the client explicitly retry.

--
"In the case of an infinite collection, the question of the existence
of a choice function is problematic"