Hi List,

I have Apache/2.2.11 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 all built with gcc on AIX
5.3
Mod_perl works for simple scripts.
Adding 'use ARS.pm' to startup.pl causes the following error:

[error] Can't load
'/opt/apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/aix/auto/ARS/ARS.so' for module
ARS: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol xdr_sizeof was referenced
      from module
/opt/apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/aix/auto/ARS/ARS.so(), but a runtime
definition
      of the symbol was not found.

Outside of mod_perl, startup.pl runs fine.

Checking ARS.so with dump -Tv shows:

/opt/apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/aix/auto/ARS/ARS.so:
                        ***Loader Symbol Table Information***
[Index]      Value      Scn     IMEX Sclass   Type           IMPid Name
[215]   0x00000000    undef      IMP     DS EXTref              ..
xdr_sizeof

and /usr/lib/libnsl.a(shr.o) contains xdr_sizeof

LDPATH is set in httpd.conf to include /usr/lib and this is confirmed with
a print of %ENV from within startup.pl (from mod_perl ie with use ARS.pm
commented out)

I have confirmed that startup.pl is running as root when the error occurs.

I have googled my heart out but can not find any answers.
Any clues, suggestions etc would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Greg George
IT Shared Services
Phone: +613-9091-2492
3/100 Victoria Prd, Melbourne

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This message is intended solely for the individual(s) and entity(s) addressed.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. The use,
copying or distribution of this
message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the addressee, is
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
postmas...@orica.com. The mailbox address
from which this message has been sent is for business mail only. Mail sent to
it may be subject to security scanning and delivery on non-business messages
sent to this address may not occur.
Thank you.