Hi Perrin,

Yes I compiled it just after compiling perl.  Perl, apache, mod_perl and a
number of modules I need were all compiled with the same compiler on the
same machine.
I have recompiled and installed ARS (just in case I am losing my mind) but
still have the same problem.
Note that I can run the startup.pl from the command line OK, just fails
when mod_perl tries.
I have also added use DBI and setup an Oracle dbh which connects fine - so
at least some XS code does get loaded OK.

BTW apache is starting as root and I have confirmed that startup.pl is
being run as root by apache/mod_perl
I am going to look in more detail at what DynaLoader.pm does in case this
gives any clues.

Greg George

Perrin Harkins <phark...@gmail.com> wrote on 18/12/2009 02:01:45 AM:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM,  <greg.geo...@orica.com> wrote:
> > [error] Can't load
> > '/opt/apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/aix/auto/ARS/ARS.so' for module
ARS:
> > rtld: 0712-001 Symbol xdr_sizeof was referenced
> >       from module
> > /opt/apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/aix/auto/ARS/ARS.so(), but a
runtime
> > definition
> >       of the symbol was not found.
> >
> > Outside of mod_perl, startup.pl runs fine.
>
> Are you certain that ARS was compiled against the same perl as
> mod_perl was?  You might try recompiling it
>
> - Perrin
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This message is intended solely for the individual(s) and entity(s) addressed.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. The use,
copying or distribution of this
message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the addressee, is
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
postmas...@orica.com. The mailbox address
from which this message has been sent is for business mail only. Mail sent to
it may be subject to security scanning and delivery on non-business messages
sent to this address may not occur.
Thank you.