On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Vincent Veyron <vv.li...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> -Is there anything wrong with my process?

If it's working for you, then it sounds fine.  Needing to invoke
mod_perl on every hit could be bad if you're trying to protect a lot
of otherwise static pages, but it doesn't sound like you are.  The
file storage of sessions is also limiting (i.e. no clustering), but if
you aren't having trouble with it, no need to change it.

> -What does Apache2::AuthCookie do that I don't already have?

It might have better cookie security.  Mostly it's just the general
advantage of using shared open source code over in-house code that has
no other users improving and debugging it.

- Perrin