Hello,

The documentation for "ModPerl::Registry" states: "Note that each httpd process or "child" must compile each script once, so the first request to one server may seem slow, but each request there after will be faster. If your scripts are large and/or make use of many Perl modules, this difference should be noticeable to the human eye."

I've indeed run into this as my service is not accessed so often so typically the user requests reaches some httpd child which did not compile the script yet. So user usually has to wait for the compilation. In my case the difference is huge (2s versus tenths of ms) which makes notable difference for the user experience for the various autocomplete inputs etc.

So I was looking a solution and found ModPerl::RegistryLoader. I'm just not sure I understand it completely. Is this the "compile once at startup" solution? Do I just put " my $rlbb = ModPerl::RegistryLoader->new();" into my startup file?

Thank you,
Jiri