2011/7/22 Jiří Pavlovský <j...@getnet.cz>:
> On 22.7.2011 18:15, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>>>
>>> However this doesn't work as Apache is segfaulting.
>>
>> That makes it sound like it is working but there's something in your
>> scripts that doesn't like being loaded in the parent process.  Are you
>> opening up database handles or files on the first hit and then trying
>> to use them later?
>>

> I use Apache::DBI and initialize the db connection in startup.pl like so

That's good, but you might be storing a database handle in a
persistent global of closure variable somewhere, and that could lead
to a segfault.

It's hard for me to give you detailed debugging help on this, but my
basic advice is that if you have repeatable test (i.e. it segfaults
every time), you just need to comment out code until it stops
segfaulting and you'll find the culprit.

If you want to make sure it's your code and not RegistryLoader itself,
try just preloading an empty script that does nothing.  It that
doesn't segfault, then the problem is in your code and it's
interaction with being loaded in the parent process.

- Perrin