On Monday, 25 July 2011 23:31:04 McCarrell, Jeff wrote:
> I am not sure if this directly applies to your issue, but I got
> segfaults in DBI when I just opened the DB handle once in the parent,
> reusing the DBH in child processes (a bug).  The issue went away when
> I ensured that every child process did its own DBI->connect.

That is what connect_on_init tries to achieve.

Are you by chance using a threaded MPM? If yes, it may be the reason.
connect_on_init works as a PerlChildInitHandler. This phase runs once for
each Apache child process and not once per Perl interpreter.

As a remedy it shouldn't hurt much to comment this line out except for
the first request that uses the database. Postgres normally connects
quite fast. So I think it wouldn't be really noticable.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net