2011-07-11 20:48, Jerry Pereira wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the URL displayed on
browser without using Redirect option. The URL visible on client browser
must be based on some condition that is evaluated in my mod_perl handler.

For example -

1. User types the URL - www.example.com <http://www.example.com/>, this will
display the login page.
2. Once the user enters the credentials and hits submit, the request is
posted to www.example.com/login <http://www.example.com/login> action.
3. If the credentials entered by the user is valid then i would like to show
the home page..uri
4. I am able to show the homw page, but the URL does not change to
www.example.com/home <http://www.example.com/home>, instead it remains the same
(i.e.
www.example.com/login <http://www.example.com/login>). I am using Template
toolkit to render my pages. I
tried $req->url('/home'), but that does not change the browser URI.

Any help will be appreciated.

Telling the browser to fudge the URL is a client side thing. There is support
for this in HTML5, with varying support in different browsers.

One starting point could be this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4015613/good-tutorial-for-using-html5-history-api-pushstate

--
  Mårten Svantesson