On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM, mike cardeiro <mcarde...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a library I want to preload.  This library makes a database
> connection and assigns it to a variable that is exported so all programs can
> use this handle.
>
> will this global handle db handle be a single handle amongst all apache
> processes, or will each process load this library on its own thus having a
> unique db handle for each httpd process?

Apache::DBI does not make handles persistent when you open them during
startup.  However, if you are trying to make the handle persistent
yourself, by putting it in a global variable or something similar,
that will be a problem.  You have to close all connections you open
during startup, and open new ones in the child processes.

- Perrin