On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Josh Narins <jnar...@seniorbridge.com> wrote:
> The idea of Apache::DBI is that you get to pool connections.
>
> If you call Apache::DBI->new and there is a spare connection, you get it, if
> not, one is created for you.

That's a little misleading.  There's no actual pooling.  Connections
can't be shared between processes or threads.

What Apache::DBI does is keep connections that you open around in a
global hash, and if you ask for another connection with the same
parameters it gives you back the one you already opened.  There will
never be two connections with the same parameters.  I like to call it
persistence, not pooling.

- Perrin