Hi,

I am totally new to mod perl (after 13+ years of building web applications on
shared servers I now am developing on a dedicated box woo-hoo)

I have installed apache::dbi and set it to preload in the apache config file.
Here is what I think my problem might be.

I have a library I want to preload.  This library makes a database connection
and assigns it to a variable that is exported so all programs can use this
handle.

will this global handle db handle be a single handle amongst all apache
processes, or will each process load this library on its own thus having a
unique db handle for each httpd process?

sorry if this is incoherent.

Mike Cardeiro