> From: André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>

> Now, as long as we're there, what happens in your application if two people
> upload a file with the same file name ?

When the upload happens the script makes an entry in a mysql table with
the file name, mime type and other info; the table has an autoincremented id
field as the primary key.  the script names the uploaded file this id value so
every file in the
directory is named the id field of their entry in the database so they
will all be unigue.

Thank you for your helpful response(s).  I have been coding for over a
decade but always on a shared server where I had no access to apache or
anything other than my own little sandbox so I have never had to deal
with all this stuff.  It is really fun (and a little scary).  I am learning a
lot, it's nice to get help from people who know way more than me!

Mike Cardeiro