On 02/28/2012 02:28 PM, Chris Olive wrote:
Last I checked, Apache was still providing patches and releases for the
v1 base as well.

This is not the case. V1 has been "End of Lifed" and won't receive any new releases, not even security related ones.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/

There are a lot of people still using it, at least
that is also my perception.

This is probably true. We are stilling using V1 with mod_perl as an app server behind a V2 proxy. But we definitely have plans to change this because of the security implications of running something that will never receive any further security fixes.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP