On Monday, June 3, 2013, Xinhuan Zheng wrote:
> What is the check to see if the server is restarting? Is that new child
processes spawning?

It's a test for whether or not we're running in the parent process, used to
skip caching connections during startup. It's this, line 128:
if (Apache2::ServerUtil::restart_count() == 1) {

> If there is a bug in how it checks to see if the server is restarting,
does it affect putting it into production use?

It looks to me like there's no danger here, just an annoying error message.
 Your connection from the parent process is being passed across the fork,
but then when each child process tries to check it with ping() it fails and
a new connection is opened to replace it.

I'll investigate the possible bug further when I get back from the
conference I'm at right now (YAPC::NA in Austin).

- Perrin