Well, you are on the modperl list, so that means you. :)

Xinhuan, the error is harmless, but if you're concerned about it I would
try turning on debugging to make sure the connection is not being cached.
 Do this:
$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2;

And then watch for a message like this in your log:
skipping connection during server startup

- Perrin