OK, so to continue with the top posting, are you saying that there's some expectation that Perl will someday be dropped?

On 2/14/2014 7:01 PM, Jie Gao wrote:
Hi All

It would be good if there is even an indication of the
state of the play that would help us make future decisions re
mod_perl. The link http://svn.apache.org/snapshots/modperl-2.0/ on page
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution
returns 404; http://perl.apache.org/dist/ is full of broken links. To
be sure, everybody is busy and contributions from existing developpers
are greatly appreciated. However, if people can't get anywhere on
http://perl.apache.org/, that makes it difficult to attract new
developpers.

Time is running out for mod_perl, for applications developped for Apache
2.2.* cannot be made available for an increasing number of users of
Apache 2.4, and the prospect of mp being dropped by Web app developpers
altogether could come much sooner than one'd expect and I certainly would
hate to see that happen.

Regards,

Jie