On 16 Feb 2014 23:17, "Jie Gao" <j....@sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Steve
>
> Thanks very much for the update.
>
> It would be good to have the todo list toward full support of Apache 2.4.

It's mostly the issue of certain tests in the (fairly extensive ) test
suite failing that need to be fixed. Different failures are seen with
different OSes / httpd versions / build configurations etc. By all means
check out the httpd24threading branch and see what the current situation is
for you :-)

> As for slow Apache 2.4 uptake, I guess there is not much incentive for
> many people to upgrade, as the 2.2 works so well; and I reckon there
> was a similar situation with 1.3 -> 2.0 in the past. There are many good
> features in 2.4, but the API change may be too much for easy migration.

Yes, and a surprising number of sites on the WWW are still reporting that
they're even running httpd-1.3!!!

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24/.

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2014/02/07/are-there-really-lots-of-vulnerable-apache-web-servers.html