Hi.

I don't have anything very precise to tell you, but here is what I know :
The AAA part has been significantly changed in Apache httpd 2.4, as compared to
2.2.
Therefore I suspect - but I am not sure - that some corresponding changes had to be made in mod_perl, to adapt to these changes. One of the changes that I see when looking at the Apache 2.4 vs 2.2 on-line documentation (for Apache, not for mod_perl), concerns the syntax - and who handles - the "Require" directives.

I also believe that the on-line mod_perl documentation does not yet reflect these changes, and it seems a bit hard to find an up-to-date documentation yet.

But anyway, I just found this on CPAN :
https://metacpan.org/source/MSCHOUT/Apache-AuthCookie-3.23/lib/Apache2_4/AuthCookie.pm

That - along with the module name - seems to show a way to obtain the "Require" that you need. Why don't you give it a try ?

Another way that I can think of, would be to use the Apache2::Directive module (http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Directive.html), to obtain the Require via the server's configuration tree.
That should be independent of the specific Apache version being used.