On 13.06.2016 14:09, John Dunlap wrote:
We use Amazon Cloudfront for serving all of our static content. The only
thing we load from Apache is an index.html file to bootstrap into Ember.js.
In our experience, Cloudfront delivers static content to the browser 5-6
times faster than our servers can. So, practically all of our requests
serve dynamic content.

Also, I didn't mean that Apache is slow or that it isn't a great web server
per say but rather that, due to its single thread per request model,

does anyone do better ? multiple threads per request ? some new kind of parallel quantum computing ?
Sorry, I guess you meant something else, but in this case maybe it helps to be
precise ?
(or, I am willng to learn if there is a model which I don't know yet)

 it
cannot accept as many concurrent connections as Nginx can. Now, as I have
not had time to experiment with Perl+Nginx, I cannot speak to whether or
not there are offsetting performance penalties incurred by FCGI. I can tell
you that, at some point, I'm going to experiment with it.