On Mon, 10/3/16, Vincent Veyron <vv.li...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
 Now all I need to do to get up and running is
 :

 apt install
 apache2-mpm-prefork libapache2-request-perl
 libapache2-mod-perl2 libapache2-mod-apreq2 apache2.2-common

 and from then on :

 apt upgrade

Thanks.  What version of Debian are you using? I have a Digital Ocean droplet
running Ubuntu 16.04.1.  When I try the above, I get:

Package apache2.2-common is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  apache2:i386 apache2

Package apache2-mpm-prefork is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'apache2-mpm-prefork' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'apache2.2-common' has no installation candidate

I gather Ubuntu has deprecated Apache 2.2.   Most distributions seem to be
using Apache 2.4 for a long time.  So I'm wondering if there's an out-of-box
way get Apache 2.4 and mod_perl working without building from source.  I gather
from the docs that mod_perl 2.0.9 has problems with Perl 5.22.   Centos 7
doesn't even offer mod_perl from the default repository, there's a 2.0.8
version from a third-party repository but I can't get anything to actually
execute.

I gather that with virtual servers like the DigitalOcean droplets and Amazon
EC2 instances, once you build everything from source it's easy to replicate the
image, so maybe that's the next best thing.

Dan