Hi,
Back in January I was planning on moving to Apache 2.4+mod_perl+libapreq2
from Apache 2.2+mod_perl+libapreq2. I'd asked if anyone had problems doing a
similar
move -- the answer was no. Thank you again to everyone who replied my earlier
post.

It's been over a month since moving to Apache 2.4. It was fairly
straightforward and requiredlittle code to be updated, most of it Apache
config. Everything runs as it did before the update and I've
had no problems. The one function that didn't 'work' is described below.

This mod_perl server is behind a proxy on the same machine. Under Apache 2.2,
$r->remote_ip()
returned 127.0.0.1 and not the user's actual IP.  So, a
PerlPostReadRequestHandler extracted the user's
IP address from the X-Forwarded-For header and set it with $r->remote_ip( $ip ).

In Apache 2.4 (and mod_perl now) $c->remote_ip is split into $r->useragent_ip
and $c->client_ip:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/new_api_2_4.html
But, $r->useragent_ip (wrongly) gives me 127.0.0.1. Perhaps this'll be fixed at
some point (unlessI'm doing something wrong). So, for now, as above, the IP is
extracted from X-Forwarded-For
and set with $r->useragent_ip( $ip ).

I was asked by one of the earlier responders to share my experience with the
move to Apache 2.4,in case there were others in the same boat. So, if there
are, jump right in and good luck!
Cheers,
John