James,

James Smith wrote:
The services which use apache/mod_perl work reliably and return data for these
- the dancer/starman sometimes fail/hang as there are no backends to serve the
requests or those backends timeout requests to the nginx/proxy (but still
continue using resources). The team running the backends fail to notice this -
because there is no easy to see reporting etc on these boxes.

Thanks for letting me know this.
We have been using starman for restful api service, they are light weight http request/response. But for (machine learning)/(deep learning) serving stuff, we may consider to use modperl for more stability.

regards.