On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 10:10:38PM -0500, Mithun Bhattacharya wrote:
> Ruben this conversation had nothing to do with any specific AI use - since
> we did not ask to be spammed with your ethics opinion could you please stop
> misusing the mod_perl forum for such activities ?

So you are using modperl to create a predictive AI that is used to
suppress and repress a population?

That is what you seemed to describe.

There is no inappropriate place to discuss such ethics.

The development of modperl was originally with Lincoln Stein in support
of the Human Genome project and it was/is released to the public as a
tool for software freedom.  The ethics where always first and foremost
part of the release.

It is not cool to use it to spy on whole populations and keep them under
surveillance.  It is not cool or acceptable to do that at all.