On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 10:10:38PM -0500, Mithun Bhattacharya wrote:
> Ruben this conversation had nothing to do with any specific AI use - since
> we did not ask to be spammed with your ethics opinion could you please stop

***Boink*** that is wrong.  If you want to discuss the destructive use
of software to harm people, a forum where free software is developed and
used is exactly the wrong place.  This is not a safe haven for unethical
behaviors.

Of course, predictive AI can be used for other purposes, and you are
free to discuss it.  I am all ears.

It is not __my ethics__ .  It is just __ethics__ .

Its not spam.  It is central to the purpose and the development of the
platform and it being given a free license, in order to share it broadly
with the scientific and general community as a benifit.  It is
gratifying to know that modperl can be deployed in such a way to give
production servers the muscle and concunency needed to a mass deployment
of an AI.  That probably has as much to do with the database back end as
the perl services.  However, it is an ethical problem if this is being
deployed to purposely suppress populations and in support of inhumane
dictatorships.

We are at a watershed moment in history with regard to AI and all
technical forum, you would hope, are ripe with such discussion, but
especially in the forums such as this which support free software
projects which might be used to build the tools of repression.

How many clients are we talking about and what is the nature of the
scoring process?

Are we talking about 1.43 billion people or so?