I just saw a really great production of the Pretty Things' SF Sorrow here in
Boston. We have a group called the Boston Rock Opera that specializes in
expanding on 60s rock operas. They've done "Preservation Act" by the Kinks
and last year they did a staging of "Happiness Stan" by the Small Faces.
They're really good at taking these sometimes non-linear pieces and making
them easier to follow. They did a really fab job with SF Sorrow with a bit of
help from Phil May and Dick Taylor in the original intent department. I have
probably listened to that album a couple hundred times and I never got so
much of a story out of it. They also did some very cool things with
projections on a scrim behind the performers.

Those of you in the area have 2 more nights to catch this. If you're
interested, it's at the Mass College of Art at 8PM tomorrow and Saturday-er,
make that Baron Saturday.
Corin