>From: Jeff Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Crews?
>
>Hellllloo everybody
>
>I've gots a question to ask... I keep on hearing references to mod
>crews. Personally, I've never met one nor have I heard anything
>mentioned of any, outside of songs and books. That cheesy "I Got Me
>Parka" song by The Sussed comes to mind - "I'm looking for a crew, any mods
>will do! I got me parka!"

Don't know about crews, but I'm curiously reminded of primary school discos
in Glasgow around 1979/80 when the older kids would do a Hell's Angels-type
dance to March of the Mods. Thinking about it I'm really confused actually,
because I just looked up some reference tome, and March of the Mods was a
hit for Joe Loss (!!!) in 1964, so what the hell was that DJ on...

>Living in Portland, I'm deprived of an actual "Mod Scene" so I've >never
>been in a room with more than three other mod folks at once.

Tell me about it. Edinburgh isn't exactly hoachin' with them either. Then
again, maybe it's like the people that you never see around town apart from
at certain gigs. Lurkers... Travel's a grand thing tho' for meeting up with
like-minded souls and having larks tho', isn't Portland where Elliot Smith
lives? I've heard it's quite a cool town...

>Don't take your scene/friends for granted!

Indeed.

cheers,
Katrina