On Fri, Oct 02, 1998, James H.G. Redekop wrote:

> > > I am attempting to compile & run Apache 1.3.1 with mod_ssl, and
> > > I'm running into a serious problem.  The httpd halts immediately on
> > > being run with a "required SSLCacheServerPort not supplied" error,
> > > even though I *do* supply an SSLCacheServerPort -- in fact, I lifted
> > > the configuration directly from httpd.conf-dist.
> > >
> > >  Has anyone else run into it?  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Yes, someone else run into this problem, too.
>
>  Nice to know it's not all in my head.  Provided, of course, that that
> someone else isn't me when I mailed you about the problems I had
> subscribing to the list...

Oh, shit! You're right. I've such a lot of traffic on my private mail folder
that I overlooked the fact that this guy was actually you, too. Sorry, then
yes: you're the only guy I know of which has this problem :-( But because my
webserver is also running under Solaris 2.6 I'm sure we find the problem. BTW,
what is the compiler you used there?

>[...]
>  Note that the Apache *also* has another add-on module called JRun,
> which I don't know.  A customer of ours is using it, and insisted
> that it be included.  It may or may not be affecting things.
>
>  Every time I run the httpd binary, I get this:
>
> >[Thu Oct  1 14:24:59 1998] [notice] mod_jrun: JRun Connector v2.2 Apache - Oct  1
>1998 12:48:20
> >[Thu Oct  1 14:24:59 1998] [error] mod_ssl: Required SSLCacheServerPort missing
>[...]

Ok, I'll try tomorrow with exactly this config and give you my results.
Although it looks ok because it's mainly the default config. Hmmmm... we'll
see...