In article <> you wrote:

> I'm sure you have some SSL-conf-stuff outside of your SSL-enabled
> Virtual-host or/and started apache without SSL-enabled!
[...]

I've compared his config file with the default config.  Just harmless path
differences. And his config file runs fine (after changing the paths, of
course) for my with Apache 1.3.2 + mod_ssl 1.3.2. Seems I've now even to build
with JRun to find the problem, perhaps it's related to it, who knows...  When
it's not JRun it's his platform. But here we have: Solaris 2.6 with GCC.  Same
as my webserver www.engelschall.com runs... Hmmmm.. strange.