On Fri, Nov 06, 1998, John Leveron wrote:

> >Ops, did you missed the step-by-step list at the end of the INSTALL
> file,
> >John? Or is this list still not exactly what you want? Do we have to
> enhance
> >it in some way? I append you the steps below...
>
> Yes, didn't look in current install file.   Ooooppps!
>
> Is mod_perl 1.16 stable with mod_ssl-2.0.14-1.3.3?  Or what is the
> best option to increase page speed, with the bulk of all the pages
> being written in Perl5?

It's stable for me, yes. But what exactly has mod_ssl or SSL itself to do
which the speed for serving the Perl 5 generated pages? Usually the best
(according to speed) you can do is to use the Apache::Registry stuff or
directly program your Perl pages inside an Apache handler written in Perl.
Look for the various existing Apache::XXX modules for examples.  For SSL there
is only one speed problem: the SSL handshake on every request. Use the SSL
session cache with a large timeout value when this is your problem.

> I've gotta remember that dox get revised over time :)  Thanks (for
> helping with what shoulda been obvious).

Hopefully you don't forget that sources are also revised over time ;-)
Especially now that mod_ssl 2.1.0 is coming...