On Fri, Apr 23, 1999, Christian Gottschling wrote:

> I just tried quickly  to compile and install mod_ssl on a
> Linux-Alpha-System (RedHat). But "make certificate TYPE=test" doesn't
> work.
> Or better say, works and works and works writing little dots (.) First I
> thought, it will take some time but after 10 minutes, it was still
> writing little dots ;-) Seems, that the key-generation fails.
> I use open_ssl-0.9.2b and apache1.3.6
>
> Any hints where I could start to search for the mistake? Is it an
> alpha-specific problem? Or something else?

I'm sure our OpenSSL "make test" procedure already fails for you.  The reason
might be because you've incorrectly configured OpenSSL. Make sure you
configure for Linux _and_ Alpha boxes.  Perhaps you've to combine the
linux-elf with the alpha-gcc platform ids to make it configure correctly for
your particular situation. Look inside the Configure script of OpenSSL.