"Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 1999, Christian Gottschling wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > > configure for Linux _and_ Alpha boxes.  Perhaps you've to combine the
> > > linux-elf with the alpha-gcc platform ids to make it configure correctly for
> > > your particular situation. Look inside the Configure script of OpenSSL.
> >
> > Hmpf. So no chance for a quick'n lazy installation.
>
> Perhaps a chance is that you try "perl Configure linux-elf no-asm" and
> succeed...

There is a working apache-mod_ssl and openssl rpm for alpha
on http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/contrib.
These are *not* all the latest, but you can download the
src.rpm packages, upgrade sources and see what happens.

At least I think that installing the openssl- and openssl-devel
packages for alpha will allow you to execute rpm --rebuild on
the later apache-mod_ssl source packages will work.
That would give you the latest released stable openssl library
and the newest apache-mod_ssl in most cases.
--
Niels Poppe - org.net bv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>